Hi hoomans, Skates here. Mama says the “thing” in Internetland is alliteration, so Shadow and I came up with Forever Family Friday. Shadow and I both hold special places in our hearts for the cats who are in the shelter at the Washington Humane Society. Mama adopted me straight from the shelter, and Shadow was so scared there, that’s why he went to his foster mom’s house.
The first picture Mama took of Skates
Shadow hiding in his cage at the Humane Society
So while we really want you to adopt our foster sister Mocha, we also want you to consider the kittelach who aren’t lucky enough to be in foster care. That’s what Forever Family Fridays are going to be about.
Today we want to tell you about Topper! Topper’s profile doesn’t tell you anything about him, but Mama has inside information. Topper was an outdoor kitty (see his ear tip?) but had a person who loved and cared for him. Sadly, that person passed away, and a WHS volunteer picked Topper up and learned that he is a total cuddle bug and really wants to be an indoor kitty with a hooman or two to spoil him.
Run to New York Avenue and make this Topper’s Forever Family Friday!
Hello hoomans!! Our names are Skates and Shadow, and we are kittelach! Our Mama is DC.Nerd, and that’s why our blog is on her domain.
We asked Mama for a blog because we want to help her find forever homes for other kittelach who weren’t as lucky as we were to be adopted. We had a foster brudder Prince who just got adopted this week, and we’re getting a foster sister, Mocha, soon.
Also, Shadow’s birthday is next week and we’re having an Instagram pawty! Everyone should join us. Here’s how:
Step 1. You have to RSVP! RSVP by following our Instagram account.
Step 2. Pawticipate! Shadow is turning 4 so there are 4 ways to pawticipate! Each time you pawticipate you get a chance to win a door prize!
- Send donations (from this wish list) to the Tucker County Animal Shelter in Parsons, West Virginia. They are a teeny open access shelter with an even teenier budget. Then DM us a screenshot of your receipt. (But be sure to redact your personal information! We don’t want that!)
- Make a $$ donation (any amount) to your local open access shelter. Then DM us a screenshot of your donation receipt. (But be sure to redact your personal information! We still don’t want that!)
- Share any of our posts about our new foster sister Mocha. Be sure to tag them #ShadowPawty!
- Wild card! What do you want to do to support shelter animals? Maybe you’ll go to a shelter and play with a dog. Maybe you’ll take old sheets and towels to a shelter. Maybe you’ll sew a cage curtain (Mama has a pattern if you want it!). Maybe there’s a fundraiser you can go to. Do something creative, get a selfie of you doing it, and tag it #ShadowPawty.
Step 3. Win door prizes!
- A donation to the shelter or rescue of your choice in honor of your pet.
- A BarkBox or MeowBox for your pet.
- A cat or dog t-shirt for you from AnimalHearted.
- A custom photo mug with your favorite picture of your pet(s).